Tuesday, June 14, 2005

...Shit.

Well, I didn't get the NSO job. Apparently they had another candidate who had more experience in the field. Thus, it looks like, unless I can find something else, I'll be unemployed as of the middle of July.

The upside, of course, is that it means I'll be getting out of CITB before the whole organisation goes down the toilet. I can see this happening in the near future- the management are too concerned with targets and buzzwords, and from my experience of the interviews over the past week it appears that they're concerned more with who can talk the talk as opposed to who can walk the walk. Though it means the pressure's on to find something else before the money runs dry, I think I'll feel happier in someone else's bureaucracy.

So, anyone know any Loughborough companies in need of clerical, data-entry or IT staff?

6 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

Gah, crappyness :S I'd suggest applying to Selective... but I'm not that cruel. I'm sure you'll find something though.

In the meantime work out the rest of your contract in as amusing a fashion as possible! I suggest pink hair falls tomorrow *nods*

12:22 pm  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

I don't suit pink, but I am wearing a white shirt today for a change (found one I'd bought almost a year ago in the back of the cupboard, still with the shop tags and everything).
As to the job, right now I'm willing to entertain anything that pays more than £6.50 an hour, keeps to office hours and doesn't involve shop, bar or call-centre work. If there's anything in my line going at Selective, any job is (to an extent) better than no job.

12:35 pm  
Blogger Vixel said...

Pink rules :P

I think the problem you'd have there would be the pay bit... it really is shite. I shall keep a lookout though :)

As to the food thing (so I don't have to scroll down) of course anything I cook will be fabulous! :P

12:51 pm  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

As long as it owrks out to more than £12k per annum I think I could live off it and still save as I go...
Of course, I have no doubt your cooking will be good. You produce the second-greatest food in RockSoc, after all. ;)
Good point of the day: two-thousand, one hundred and twelve hours from now we'll be in Holland. :D See? A silver lining to every cloud.

2:42 pm  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

*Sigh* Check the page again for tiramisuy goodness... ;)

3:01 pm  
Blogger Vixel said...

Oh I am So the bestest :P

Yay for holiday-ness! Be happy ickle Joe-child, if all else fails, crappy as it is there's always temping. Or we could open that restaurant :D

3:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home