Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The B5 First Ones Personality Test

Who Are You?
There was a time I could answer that, but now I'm not so sure. I'm becoming steadily less the person I thought I was as each new crisis adds another layer of strain onto me. At one stage I would have prided myself on my ability to ride such storms out, but now as opposed to clutching the bow and yelling 'Steady as she goes!' to the helmsman I find myself lashed to the mast with my eyes screwed shut. I'm a friend to some, a trustworthy acquiantance to others. I define myself by what I can do for others- helping them with problems, giving advice on courses of action, running RPGs to keep them entertained and occasionally cooking for them. I am, in general, dissatisfied with myself- I feel that my reason for existance is to use my skills for the betterment of the lives of those close to me and maybe even the universe as a whole, and I also feel that I'm failing in that.

What Do You Want?
I want to be happy. I want to be able to wake up in the morning and have a first thought other than 'What will go wrong today?' I want to be in a position again where I look forward to things, where I can become excited about the prospects that await me. I want my friends to be happy. I want to see their faces light up as their troubles leave them behind, see them relax and be who and what they want to be without the pressures of the world weighing them down, and I want to be able to help this be the case. In short, I want the future to be a good thing for myself and others rather than something to be dreaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home