Friday, November 11, 2005

Incommunicative

Gah, it's getting increasingly difficult to talk to the world. First I find that Blogger has problems posting from the new version of Opera- it'll upload the title, but not the text, so I'm having to break out MSIE again (shudder). Then there's my new (albeit temporary) job, where I have no internet access and limited email. And finally, it appears my mobile's packed in- it won't register the SIM card. Ho hum.

As to other things, I started a list earlier today (it's been a boring day- I've averaged one or two phone calls an hour incoming, and finished all the data entry I had left by 11am), of the pro's and cons of being me. It was originally meant to be an honest look at my skills for the point of view of reorganising my CV, though a few non-job-related items snuck on there. Time for an outside opinion, then: what's missing off the list, and what shouldn't be on there?

POSITIVE TRAITS
* Degree in English
* Speak/understand Dutch
* Some knowledge of Spanish, French & Japanese
* 2.5 years' Clerical experience
* 1 year's IT Helpdesk experience
* Excellent typing/data-entry speed and accuracy
* Superlative command of English language, especially written
* Good telephone manner
* Goal-oriented
* Experienced at multitasking
* Intuitive understanding of IT systems
* Quick learner
* Good memory
* Good cook

GREY-AREA TRAITS
* Active imagination
* Focussed mentality

NEGATIVE TRAITS
* No personal transport
* No driver's licence
* Introverted personality
* Overly self-depreciating
* Easily bored when not stimulated
* Prone to procrastination
* Impulse-buyer and retail therapist

1 Comments:

Blogger Union Jackal said...

*Laughs like a drain*
Not at the moment though- it's too bloody cold to go outside wearing that much silver... ;)

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home