Friday, September 02, 2005

Familiar Ceilings

Well, I'm still alive and still unemployed- I've pretty much given up on finding a job before the end of September. Thankfully my finances are holding together for that, but I really could do with work soon, if for no other reason than I'm probably steadily going mad here with so little to do.

It's about a week until holiday-time now, and I'm really looking forward to it. I always see going home as a time to recharge my batteries, and this time around I really think I need it. Nine days with cats, good beer and great company, roll on! :D

This time last year I had been planning on applying for the JET programme and, if all had gone to plan, I'd have been in Japan for a couple of months by now. Then I was offered the IT job (in which a caveat was that the company wanted commitment) which ultimately evaporated. So I lost my chance. Now I'm not in a financial position to apply, and most likely won't be for a good two or three years, assuming I get a job at an equivalent salary to what I was on. In a way I'm happy with the turnaround- if I'd got the JET posting, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed leaving Loughborough back in July. A lot happens in a year, and right now I think I'm where I want to be. Japan still beckons every now and again, as do The Netherlands, but at present whatever prospects they could offer me do not outweigh the friends I've got here, and I've left enough friends behind in previous moves to know I don't want to do it again if I can help it.

Countdown: 8 days to go until next NL holiday. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

Woo! Random Germans!

*bounce*

Yay for 8 days! Yay for cats! Tentative yay for beer... heh. Good company of course is always worthy of a yay!

I'm glad you're not in Japan, I wouldn't have anyone competent to help me cook roast lamb! I'm a little wary of letting Riley near the oven!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home