Thursday, July 14, 2005

Memetic Apathy

Yep, I've pretty much cleared my desk and the office is now completely empty. The staff gave me the usual card and VMS voucher as a going-away gift- probably the most useful thing to come out of this job aside from the pay.
In any case, here's a meme off Vicki's LJ that I was bored enough to do...

1. Your name spelled backwards---
Eoj- rather boring, no?

2. Where were your parents born?
Leicester and Chippenham for natural parents, stepfather was The Hague, IIRC.

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Gundam Seed Destiny ep38- yep, I'm an otaku. ;)

4. What's your favourite restaurant?
Globally, probably Gauchos in The Hague- great steaks and fantastic salad bar. Locally I haven't eaten out enough to justify a favourite.

5. Last time you swam in the river?
I can't remember that I have...

6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Several- even directed and written a couple.

7. How many kids do you want?
It's not something I've considered much.

8. Type of music you dislike most?
Cheese.

9. Are you registered to vote?
Yep, and do when given the opportunity.

10. Do you have a pet?
Two cats back with the parents- Defur and Bethor. Nekoneko!

11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
Nope.

12. Ever prank call anybody?
No, but I have been prank-called.

13. Ever get a parking ticket?
Nope. Got a ticket for not having the lights on my bike turned on once- does that count?

14. Would you go bungee jumping or skydiving?
I used to have a fear of heights/falling/hitting the ground, but I haven't had chance to test it for a while...

15. Furthest places you ever travelled?
Egypt- eighteen months out there.

16. Do you have a garden?
Yep, and it's occasionally usable too! :D

17. What's the size of your bed?
Single- no justification for a bigger one. ;)

18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Nope. I think I could manage the first verse with prompting...

19. Bath or Shower?
Shower regularly, bath on special occasions.

20. Best movie you've seen in the past 4 months?
Gladiator- gets better every time I see it.

21. What's the next movie you want to see?
War Of The Worlds, or maybe Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

22. Chips or popcorn?
Chips. Popcorn gets stuck in my teeth.

23. Have you ever broken any hearts?
Only my own.

24. Premarital sex?
Asking yes or no to marriage would be a more telling question these days, wouldn't it?

26. Orange or Apple juice?
Apple juice- goes better in smoothies.

27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
Vicki and Pete- The Slug in Birmingham.

28. Favorite drink?
Probably Dr. Pepper for soft drinks (mainly because I can't get Jolt), Kriekbier for alcofrolic ones.

29. Best thing in the world?
Friends.

30. Have you ever broken a bone?
Nope, and I don't intend to start now! ;)

31. Have you ever won a trophy?
I've won a few things in my time...

32. What is your favorite board game?
Chess, probably- it's the only one I tend to be any good at...

33. What is your dream car?
TVR, either Tuscan 2 or Typhon. Probably a good enough reason for me never to learn to drive... ;)

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
Nope! Heresy!

35. Coke or Pepsi?
I can rarely taste the difference.

36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Nope.

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Hayfever pills for Vicki and/or Pete- can't remember which.

38. Who are you going to marry?
Whoever they are, I pity them. ;)

39. Who would you like to meet?
Honestly couldn't say. I don't put stock in fame.

40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I'd like to say yes but I've never experienced it. It takes more knowledge of another person to fall for them- anything other than that doesn't count as love.

41. What features do you find most attractive in the same/opposite sex?
Sparkling eyes, a sharp wit and a personality that reflects and gels with my own; legs up to the armpits and a cleavage you can stow a beer bottle in are only of worth when attached to a decent person. In the same sex I guess similar interests and a sense of humour are most important. In either case I'm not fond of self-centred extroverts- a little humility goes a long way.

42. Where would you go for a romantic evening?
I'd probably ask my partner where they wanted to go- the location's not as important as the company.

43. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Four that I can remember- one pair of smart shoes, two pairs of Magnums and a pair of Lowa walking boots. I think I've got a pair of Docs somewhere, but I'm damned if I can remember where.

44. Last song stuck in your head?
Friday I'm In Love by The Cure- it was the only thing that would shift The Final out of there. (Damn thee, Vyxeltje! ;) )

45. Any phobias?
Very heavy arachnophobia. Most of my other fears are probably rational...

46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
That would involve having watched it...

47. What is one thing you would like to learn to do?
Speak, read and write Japanese fluently.

48. What do you do when you are bored?
Surf the 'net, read, write and watch movies/anime. As long as there's no-one staring over my shoulder, it's hard to really get bored.

49. What is one thing you would want someone to appreciate about you?
I guess I find my selfless dedication to personally-important things and people most laudable about myself- I suppose that's good enough to be appreciated for.

50. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
Not having to come into this office tomorrow, or ever again! :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

Damn, you put more thought into it than I did, and I totally forgot about that meal in Birmingham! D'oh.

Wanna aid me in my quest to find nice restaurants in Lufbra then? :D I want to go to that expensive place Becci and Div were raving about for a start. When I have money, obviously.

Bollocks I forgot about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too! I'm rapidly losing Depp fangirl points here! Noooooo!

2:05 pm  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

Blame the illness corrupting your memory. ;) And what can I say? I think too much. ;)
Good restaurants must be tried- perhaps a celebration when I get a new job is in order?

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home