Monday, July 11, 2005

Four Days Until Escape...

...And my job at the moment consists of doing as little as possible while relocating as much decent stationery and sundries as I can out of the building. I'm actually looking forward to leaving- working here is steadily becoming a frustrating, demoralising and generally unpleasant business, and I'll be glad for a change to, well, pretty much anything else.

In other news, NIN were absolutely amazing live- Pete, Vicki and I headed into Birmingham to see them last Friday. The original plan had been to get there early and start queuing for spots at the front, though a combination of a late night beforehand, Vicki coming down with 'flu and general laziness led us to having a leisurely day traipsing through the city centre before having a drink or two and heading into the venue- the Carling Academy, where we commandeered my usual gig spot of just behind the sound desk. Though the gig was amazing- easily one of the best I've seen- it was let down by the audience (who had a tendency to cheer like a festival crowd through even the quieter songs) and the venue itself (which had horribly overpriced drinks- over £3 a pint- and had a bottleneck on the way out that was scary even to a non-ill, non-claustrophobic person).

It was a good thing it was on the Friday night, however- apparently there were a number of bomb scares in Birmingham centre the next night, which resulted in the whole city centre being evacuated.

Song of the Day: Something I Can Never Have by NIN- I'd forgotten just how good that song was. Must re-listen to old NIN albums.

Countdown: 61 days until next NL holiday. :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

Stationary stealage eh? Are you taking orders? :P

That venue was a fire hazard of epic proportions, I thought getting out of Rock City on a crowded night was bad enough!

You lot fancy getting a pizza or something tonight before the pub? I reeeeally want pizza for some reason - must be a sign that I'm getting a bit better anyway. Plus it's as good an excuse as any to watch more Dead Like Me! (you're going to seriously regret showing me that!)

10:05 am  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

Pizza sounds like a great idea- I remember seeing a Pizza Hut menu on the reception desk downstairs when I came in. :D
If you want any stationery, let me know- paper, pens and post-its are all available. :D

10:23 am  
Blogger Vixel said...

Squeeeeee pizzaaaa! I shall turn up on your doorstep at 5:10 then :P

Dead Like Me is also a good idea *nods and glares*

Just don't let me have sake.

As for stationary stealage, I shall let you know :D

10:33 am  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

Sake? What Sake? I know of no Sake here... ;)
I have acquired a Pizza Hut menu, complete with deals listed upon it. DLM is also a plan. *Nods*

10:48 am  
Blogger Vixel said...

Squeee! *vaguely bounces*

I shall check what time I clocked in this morning, if it was 8:45, like I think it was, I'll be at yours by 5 :P I still feel crap, there's no way I'm staying in work any longer than I have to.

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home