Thursday, July 07, 2005

Being Right

Well, as expected I didn't get the job I went for. Then again, I knew I wouldn't from the off- up against someone already doing the job, I don't think I had much chance whatever I said. I hate being right all the time.

It gets a little disheartening. I've got a degree and over three years' experience of clerical and IT work, yet in this town it seems nigh-impossible to find a decent job, let alone get an interview for it. Without the ability and facility to drive my options are further limited. I don't want to end up working telephones or standing behind a shop counter- the money's crap and it's a waste of what talent I've got- but it's fast looking like that's the only sort of work that's available. I've been scouring agencies and frequently checking the vacancy pages of the town's main employers, but I've met nil-response on the few suitable jobs I've seen.

Come what may I need to have a decent job by the start of August, otherwise I'm going to start having financial concerns. I don't really want to have to start whittling away at the acorns in the tree, especially as the logic behind looking further afield is, at present, undisputable, and I may need startup funds. I really don't want to leave Loughborough at present, but if I can't afford to stay here then I'm short on options...

Gods, I'm depressing sometimes. Just as well there will be friends and port tonight, really. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

*hugs*

That sucks, but being right all the time is infintely better than being wrong all the time.

You should temp for a bit, if you can't find a job you want immediately. At least there's no commitment to stay in a temp job if you really hate it, and you can take as much time off for interviews etc. while you work. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Steve (tech guy) is going to be fired anytime soon because I'm sure you'd do the job infinitely better than him (hell, I would).

Don't be disheartened, you just need to get a bit more of an ego! Next interview you have, just pretend you're Kinge but less Northern =)

Ooh, and yes, yay for Port. I'm not sure but at this rate I might end up going straight to yours from work anyway. At least that means I don't have to fuck about with shopping lists (i.e. I can just drag you to sainsburys)

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home