Monday, October 03, 2005

An Upward Turn

Well, I'm at work again, albeit only for a few days. Got a call from Pertemps this morning saying they had some sickness cover work in East Leake, and could I start at lunchtime? Damned straight I could. :D So I'm spending this week logging the arrival and completion of loading of trucks at British Gypsum. Not my ideal job, though a fair wage for work that a chimp could do can't be sniffed at- money's money at this stage.
I'm pleased I signed on with Pertemps- they actually seem to have their heads around the 'want to work' thing, which is more than I can say for the other agencies I signed up with.
Other than that, business as usual. Had a great time in Holland with Vixel- nine days with wonderful company and no pressure whatsoever. Part of me came back thinking I ought to find a job back there, though the rest reminds me that would only be viable if I could take all my friends from Loughborough with me.
Anyways, for the quiz-lovers out there...

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you:
Gavin Rossdale (thanks, IMDB!)

2. Where was your first kiss?
Town centre of The Hague, at the close of our end-of-exams celebration.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
Nope.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Not that I can remember- to be honest I can't remember hitting anyone.

5. Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?
Yep- did a solo in a play once.

6. Whats the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Legs, face, hair, eyes (order is interchangeable).

7. What really turns you on?
Physical contact- I'm not normally very tactile.

8: What do you order at Starbucks:
I don't- never ordered anything at Starbucks. Quadruple espresso with sugar is the favourite at similar venues, though.

9. What is your biggest mistake?
Letting the darker side of my imagination get the better of my common sense.

10: Ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Nope.

11. Say something totally random about you:
I've never lived in one social setting for more than seven years.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Not to my knowledge.

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Pixar, Ghibli and Dreamworks animated movies, Invader Zim, and a hell of a lot of anime- does that count?

14. Did you have braces?
Nope.

15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yep- it saves me bashing my head on low ceilings. ;)

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Been there when I've needed company.

17. When do you know it's love?
When you realise you can't imagine a world without each other. When you don't need words to communicate.

18. Do you speak any other languages?
Yep- I'm more-or-less fluent in Dutch (when I can be bothered to use it), have a GCSE in Spanish and have taken evening classes in Japanese.

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Nope.

20. What magazines do you read?
I don't read any regularly, but I've been known to flip through or even buy issues of PC Gamer and Safezone occasionally.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yep- one used by a taxi company one year going to (IIRC) Pinkpop.

22. Has anyone you were really close with passed away?
My father, though as we hadn't had any contact since I was nine I'm not sure he counts as 'close'.

23. Do you watch MTV?
I used to occasionally, though TMF's rock show was much better at the time.

24. What's something that really annoys you?
Having my word questioned.

25. What's something you really like?
Writing, though I don't do nearly as much of it these days as I used to.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Nope.

27. Can you dance?
Many will say I can't, but it's never stopped me when the mood's taken me before.

28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
Record stands at 42 hours.

29. Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
Not as in -life-and-death situations, though I've been panicked by the concept of my own mortality before.

30. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Nope (touch-wood it'll stay that way).

31. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yep, though most people I know will have found the quiz elsewhere...

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Quadruple espresso with sugar? Good Lemon...

7:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a nice holiday, Joe!

7:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh God, we're even commenting in sync now!
I'll be expecting my period any day now ;P

7:23 am  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

Falls, laughing, to the floor
I see you guys are also enjoying yourself. I could never go to Australia- just the niggling knowledge that the place was designed to be inhospitable to humans, especially arachnophobic ones...

10:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

We've only seen one large spider so far, and we didn't get a good view of it because it was so dark - I'll send photos when I get the chance ;)

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Not to my knowledge.

I know of someone that thinks you look like an evil Tony Robinson.

2:14 am  
Blogger Union Jackal said...

Who is this person? Do I know them? :P

1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home