Thursday, May 26, 2005

Caffeine Bomb?

I got into a debate with a couple of my colleagues a little while ago about what constituted good coffee. One purported that decaffeinated coffee with extra milk and extra sugar was both tasty and healthy, while myself and the other balked at both the idea of milk and decaf. In decent coffee both are cruel and unusual. I normally go for the sugar, as it helps to keep you going until the caffeine kicks in, but coffee needs to be black and thick enough to stand a spoon in.

The same can be said of tea. I've never got the concept of putting milk in tea. Admittedly I rarely drink 'proper' tea in the first place- I like fruit teas, chai and (on occasion) green tea, all with a spoonful of honey and no milk whatsoever. I don't drink much tea in England though- the water just tastes wrong, and no amount of Brita-filtering can remove the chemical tang that you just don't get with naturally-filtered water.

So, Tea or Coffee? Milk or Black? Sweet or Bitter? Plain or Esoteric? How do you take your caffeine? Or don't you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vixel said...

That coffee you made was the best I've had in a long time. I usually have black coffee, no sugar, unless it's instant when I'll sometimes put milk in it if I'm drinking it strong (like at work).

I drink milk in tea though, except green tea obviously.

Decaf is sacriledge!

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home